Big images of species

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

The Silent One
Graphics

Re: Big images of species

#76 Post by The Silent One »

Great work, love the frame too!
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Bestary
Space Squid

#77 Post by Bestary »

@Ophiuchus, @The Silent One, thank you! ^^

I don't know, what to do... I have a problem.

I create a Mu Ursh sketch, using just short game description, and got this: Cute cat-like peaceful guys who control agressive creations and learning to piloting.
Attachments
Muursh.png
Muursh.png (245.15 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
P.S. Please, call me by @ nickname or contact by e-mail if you want say something directly to me. ^^

Bestary
Space Squid

#78 Post by Bestary »

After that I FINALLY READ original and... [cencored]
Eugenics, genocide to clear "crime genes", absolute totalitarianism, hooves and tentacles... Hooves and tentacles... :shock: Crazy cows.

Love Muursh, and already was attached to their old appearence, used to seeing them like that... I understand that sometimes you are changing original story to make the race more playable, but still you prefer to save original as well as you can. I don't want to change sketch above... My Muursh sketch fully suits to the current game description, but it has so minor matches with original story. I can add hooves and tentacles to them, but seriously don't want to create something like this: :cry:
Attachments
crazy_cow.png
crazy_cow.png (78.78 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
P.S. Please, call me by @ nickname or contact by e-mail if you want say something directly to me. ^^

The Silent One
Graphics

#79 Post by The Silent One »

Bestary wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:38 pmI create a Mu Ursh sketch, using just short game description, and got this: Cute cat-like peaceful guys who control agressive creations and learning to piloting.
I think at some point the graphics of Raaagh and Mu Ursh were switched, are you proposing to revert that decision, and/or to change their descriptions?
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

labgnome
Juggernaut

#80 Post by labgnome »

Bestary wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:42 pm After that I FINALLY READ original and... [cencored]
Eugenics, genocide to clear "crime genes", absolute totalitarianism, hooves and tentacles... Hooves and tentacles... :shock: Crazy cows.

Love Muursh, and already was attached to their old appearence, used to seeing them like that... I understand that sometimes you are changing original story to make the race more playable, but still you prefer to save original as well as you can. I don't want to change sketch above... My Muursh sketch fully suits to the current game description, but it has so minor matches with original story. I can add hooves and tentacles to them, but seriously don't want to create something like this: :cry:
FYI: You did manage to make them look cool either either way.
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

Bestary
Space Squid

#81 Post by Bestary »

The Silent One wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:15 pmI think at some point the graphics of Raaagh and Mu Ursh were switched, are you proposing to revert that decision, and/or to change their descriptions?
Nope, I don't want to change description, it's Ok. I just trying to decide, which kind of description I will need to follow - original story of Mu Ursh (with genocide and etc.) or current game story, that tells that:
Mu Ursh
Militantly peaceful herbivores.
Mu Ursh are a peaceful, non-aggressive race of vaguely feline appearance, they became the dominant lifeform on their planet in part due to their excellent reactions and eyesight. They used their abilities to round up and control all threatening predatory life, limiting numbers in order to ensure a peaceful planet.

To their regret, their natural abilities seem to make them exceptionally gifted pilots, and some amongst their number have decided the best way to ensure galactic peace is to conquer and control all aggressive intelligent species, making the galaxy as peaceful as their homeworld.
(I selected keywords that was used to draw).
labgnome wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:22 pm FYI: You did manage to make them look cool either either way.
Thank you :) but I just don't want to pave the way for bitter dispute in future. ^^'

The Silent One
Graphics

#82 Post by The Silent One »

Bestary wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:51 pmNope, I don't want to change description, it's Ok. I just trying to decide, which kind of description I will need to follow [...]
Ah, I see. I don't know why the Mu'Ursh description was changed, but I guess the image should match the current story. So if nobody objects, I think you can stick with the cute cats :)

labgnome
Juggernaut

#83 Post by labgnome »

Bestary wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:51 pm Thank you :) but I just don't want to pave the way for bitter dispute in future. ^^'
Maybe a compromise, keep the cat-like appearance, but give them the facial tentacles instead of the pincer/saber-teeth. They'd still be pretty cute IMO.
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

Bestary
Space Squid

#84 Post by Bestary »

Eaxaw kingdom queendom finished. :)
Attachments
eaxaw.png
eaxaw.png (222.81 KiB) Viewed 4782 times

The Silent One
Graphics

#85 Post by The Silent One »

Beautiful! :)

The Silent One
Graphics

#86 Post by The Silent One »

If you're looking for some inspiration, I've just uploaded some old species (and other) concept art by former contributor Josh into the art repository:
https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion- ... rt/species

Bestary
Space Squid

#87 Post by Bestary »

The Silent One wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:16 am If you're looking for some inspiration, I've just uploaded some old species (and other) concept art by former contributor Josh into the art repository:
https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion- ... rt/species
Wow, they are very good! I love that type of arts, they are so detaled and looks more awesome for a game like FreeOrion ^^''' Really.
I worked for George art some time earlier, I'll took some ideas (like fluffy body parts).

I just finished Hhhoh. :)
Attachments
hhhoh1.png
hhhoh1.png (3.65 MiB) Viewed 4594 times

The Silent One
Graphics

#88 Post by The Silent One »

I want a pet one :D
Great job!

Bestary
Space Squid

#89 Post by Bestary »

The Silent One wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:07 am I want a pet one :D
Great job!
I have one free for you. ^^'
Attachments
hhhoh_cute.png
hhhoh_cute.png (106.24 KiB) Viewed 4581 times

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#90 Post by Oberlus »

Bestary wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:27 am
The Silent One wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:07 am I want a pet one :D
Great job!
I have one free for you. ^^'
:o :D Lov!