Make it requires happiness to start supply

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

jinlanid
Space Squid

Make it requires happiness to start supply

#1 Post by jinlanid »

So newly occupied system don't supply your fleet.
So, if you want blitz attack, you have to take more fuel. Big ship will push much more slower than smaller.
Last edited by jinlanid on Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Make it requires happiness to start supply

#2 Post by Oberlus »

I'm not sure, but I think outposts doesn't have happiness so this would only work on colonies.
If FOCS is aware of when a colony/outpost has been conquered for last time, supply meter increase towards max could be delayed by a fixed number of turns (say 3 or 5) and get the same result as in the happiness-based suggestion.

jinlanid
Space Squid

#3 Post by jinlanid »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:18 pm I'm not sure, but I think outposts doesn't have happiness so this would only work on colonies.
If FOCS is aware of when a colony/outpost has been conquered for last time, supply meter increase towards max could be delayed by a fixed number of turns (say 3 or 5) and get the same result as in the happiness-based suggestion.
What about make supply meter be negative after being occupied.
Say, the war damaged many things, they need time to recover.

Maybe make the combat damage infrastructure, and low infrastructure put many negative effect to the system, supply, PP, research, stockpile, defense.

alleryn
Space Dragon

#4 Post by alleryn »

Why are you trying to nerf blitz attacks? The meta already favors defense, with blitzing extremely difficult to pull off (against humans).

jinlanid
Space Squid

#5 Post by jinlanid »

alleryn wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:38 pm Why are you trying to nerf blitz attacks? The meta already favors defense, with blitzing extremely difficult to pull off (against humans).
1. Buffing small hulls. It's very hard for big hull to blitz attack.
2. Buffing supply meter, fuel, detection range, nerf combat power. It's easy to have "surplus" combat power.
3. Make supply line much more important. Supply is more provided from your home than from occupied system.
4. Radically against "occupy every system" style of play. Some path is much more efficient than others.
5. Buff stealth technology. You can send stealth fleet to cut enemy supply line.