Robotic shield does not work on Spatial Flux Bubble hull

Describe your experience with the latest version of FreeOrion to help us improve it.

Moderator: Oberlus

Forum rules
Always mention the exact version of FreeOrion you are testing.

When reporting an issue regarding the AI, if possible provide the relevant AI log file and a save game file that demonstrates the issue.
Uriuk
Pupating Mass

Robotic shield does not work on Spatial Flux Bubble hull

#1 Post by Uriuk »

Robotic shield doesn't work with the robotic hull "Spatial Flux Bubble"

Hull Line "Robotic" description:
Line of hulls with a heavy emphasis on artificial intelligence and automation.

Logistics Facilitator
Nano-Robotic Hull
Robotic Hull
Self-Gravitating Hull
Spatial Flux Bubble Hull
Spatial Flux Hull
Titanic Hull
Trans-Spatial Hull
Robotic Interface: Shields description:
Robotic Interface: Shields have a shield strength of roughly 1 shield strength per other Robotic Interface: Shielded ships at the same location, though with diminishing returns at higher numbers. The effect is capped at 20 shield strength, only applies to ships crewed by Robotic Metabolism species and can only be placed in a Hull Line: Robotic ship.

Robotic species have an inherent ability to network together and thereby substantially increase their sheer computational power. Robotic Interface: Shields use that network to calculate the trajectory of incoming fire and applying shield strength at the point of impact.
3 Spatial Flux Bubble Hulls with Robotic shield from Etty (and any other) robotic species don't create a common shield.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Robotic shield does not work on Spatial Flux Bubble hull

#2 Post by Oberlus »

Good catch, Spatial Flux Bubble hulls lacks the tag "Robotic Hull".

Would you open an issue on Github?

Uriuk
Pupating Mass

#3 Post by Uriuk »

No, I can't, as you wrote earlier. Because I don't know what are the "tags", how they should be added or where they are missed.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#4 Post by defaultuser »

Is it supposed to be? It's not in the line that springs from Military Robotic Control. This seems more like a documentation error.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by Oberlus »

Uriuk wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:14 pm No, I can't, as you wrote earlier. Because I don't know what are the "tags", how they should be added or where they are missed.
I didn't ask you to solve the problem, but to inform about it (and get the credit if you care about that) on Github.

But it seems defaultuser is right, and there's no need.

Uriuk
Pupating Mass

#6 Post by Uriuk »

without the knowledge of what the tag is, I am unable to explain the essence of the error.
Developers always can say that everything works as planned and robotic hulls are only 2 hulls (Robotic from military control and next one)
they can say that Titans and others from the list above should not have that bonus.
So I can't prove that this need to be fixed. I already had a private talk with one of developers about this bug, he had no motivation to fix.

Uriuk
Pupating Mass

#7 Post by Uriuk »

defaultuser wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:16 pm Is it supposed to be? It's not in the line that springs from Military Robotic Control.
Grav Hull and Titan are descendants of Military Robotic control, but they have this bug too.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#8 Post by defaultuser »

Uriuk wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:23 pm
defaultuser wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:16 pm Is it supposed to be? It's not in the line that springs from Military Robotic Control.
Grav Hull and Titan are descendants of Military Robotic control, but they have this bug too.
No, they don't.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#9 Post by defaultuser »

Here's a screen shot from my recent game. You can see that the ships with Self-Grav hulls have 16 shields from the grouping.
RIS1.jpg
RIS1.jpg (268.06 KiB) Viewed 3793 times

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#10 Post by Oberlus »

Uriuk wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:09 pm without the knowledge of what the tag is, I am unable to explain the essence of the error.
Developers always can say that everything works as planned and robotic hulls are only 2 hulls (Robotic from military control and next one)
they can say that Titans and others from the list above should not have that bonus.
So I can't prove that this need to be fixed. I already had a private talk with one of developers about this bug, he had no motivation to fix.
When reporting an issue on github, you just need to describe the issue. The diagnosis can be done by others. Anyway, I already told you what could be a preliminary diagnosis. Furthermore, there is no express requirement on you to open the issue (if really needed), others can do it and you don't need to excuse yourself, you did nothing wrong.

Anyway, Titans and Self-Gravs are supposed to have the bonus, their specification is identical in what is relevant to this issue to the specification of Robotic hull (i.e. they have the "ROBOTIC_HULL" tag). If you have a save game or screenshot showing that bug for Titans, Selfgravs and whatnot, it would be nice from you to post them here. But (and apologies in advance if I am wrong) I'm sure you are wrong with this particular claim (PS: and defaultuser just proved it). In that case, it would be nice from you to check your facts before reporting any other bug.

Uriuk
Pupating Mass

#11 Post by Uriuk »

It was built by exobots. Description says that any robotic race suffice. I mean particularly Ettys.
Last edited by Uriuk on Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#12 Post by Oberlus »

Uriuk wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:49 pm It was built by exobots. Description says that any robotic race suffice. I mean particularly Ettys.
Exobots and Ettys both have the tag "ROBOTIC" (the other requirement for the RIS to work). Again, post a screenshot with your robotic line hulls with robotic species not showing any shield (away from ion storms) if you can.

Uriuk
Pupating Mass

#13 Post by Uriuk »

Oberlus wrote: it would be nice from you to check your facts before reporting any other bug.
I have a bit older version of game, because screenshoted one is not yet available in my Linux distribution.

But yes, I agree, that rechecking needs to be done (by me).

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#14 Post by defaultuser »

Uriuk wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:49 pm It was built by exobots. Description says that any robotic race suffice. I mean particularly Ettys.
It works fine with Etty. And Replicon. And Happybirthday. I guarantee that if it didn't, they'd have heard from me pretty soon after the stable release.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#15 Post by defaultuser »

Oberlus wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:52 pm away from ion storms
Molecular clouds, I think you mean.