Here, various developers can tell you all about what they're up to, so you can yell at them for being idiots. "... and there was a great rejoicing."
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi. A long time ago (I think at least 3 years) I added that right click context menu for galactic map and nothing else and then disappeared. Now I'm back. First thing I did now was to add a column to the census report with the number of worlds, see attached screenshots. Looking foreward to adding some more little things before eventually getting bigger things done … if I do not disappear again, that is.
- with corrected number formatting, so that the numbers better align
- with-better-number-formatting.png (162.51 KiB) Viewed 397 times
- screenshot with new census column for populated worlds and two new labels at the bottom (and with bad number formatting for big numbers as it was before)
- with-bad-number-formatting.png (133.63 KiB) Viewed 397 times
Last edited by stpa on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, they did with me ^^ and of course I release the screenshots in this thread and all code & other contributions under GPL v2 (or compatible licence, at the discretion of the FreeOrion team), and I promise to use better indentation in my coding and I will comply with branch naming conventions et cetera, and thank you for liking it
Next thing, I did a little in-game indentation fixing in addition to indentation in the codebase. The Planet suitability report looked broken, when resizing the Pedia-window it seemed like too many tab signs \t, like in the attached screenshot. Which annoyed me, because in the official download 0.4.7.1 (build 2017-09-03.139ffd9) which I was play(test)ing before it was not broken, so I fixed it. At least for me. No idea how that gets rendered on other platforms since I've got only a mac. But I guess the devs will know how to test on multiple platforms …
- broken tabs / columns in planet suitability report
- Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-14 um 19.18.01.png (178.62 KiB) Viewed 433 times
- Geoff the Medio
- Programming, Design, Admin
- Posts: 12324
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:33 am
- Location: Munich
Headings indicating what the columns display would be helpful...stpa wrote:First thing I did now was to add a column to the census report with the number of worlds, see attached screenshots.
I have added the name of the planet of origin to the worldtree special's accounting label for the happiness effect on other planets, which was missing before, and I just wanted to know where the effect came from. This also has helped me to get to know how speciels and effects are handled in general.
- before the change
- worldtree_accounting_label_before.png (106.24 KiB) Viewed 390 times
- with the change
- worldtree_accounting_label_after.png (148.26 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Yes, that's a good catch, please put up a PR for it.stpa wrote:I have added the name of the planet of origin to the worldtree special's accounting label for the happiness effect on other planets, which was missing before...
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0