Programmers discuss here anything related to FreeOrion programming. Primarily for the developers to discuss.
- Joined:Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am
Fleet Movement Overhaul
While trying to work on issue https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues/2675
I found out current movement implementation is sensitive to order of fleets: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/2220
I got an idea about order-independent fleet movement:
- Apply orders to each fleet's route independently.
- For each fleet in the star system check if it cannot move and mark it as stationary of other fleets routes.
- For each non-stationary fleet cut route if next turn will be blockaded independently of other non-stationary fleet.
- Move each non-stationary fleet according route independently.
I suppose such decomposition will simplify fleet movement code as well as solve https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues/2675
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-9.2, boost-1.72.0
Ubuntu Server 18.04 x64, gcc-7.4, boost-1.65.1
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game
Donations are welcome: BTC:14XLekD9ifwqLtZX4iteepvbLQNYVG87zK
- Joined:Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 am
- Location:Wall IV
One issue which introduces order of orders is if considering a fleet with orders to move away to be non-blocking.
Not sure how this currently handled
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.
Furthermore, I propse... we should default to four combat rounds instead of three ...for the good of playerkind.