New Species Trait: prescient vision/prescience

For what's not in 'Top Priority Game Design'. Post your ideas, visions, suggestions for the game, rules, modifications, etc.

Moderators: Oberlus, Oberlus

labgnome
Vacuum Dragon

New Species Trait: prescient vision/prescience

#1 Post by labgnome » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:45 am

So I was recently inspired about a new possible species ability for Free Orion. The idea is to have a species that can "map" starlanes outside of detection range. Basically similar to the Trith's telepathic detection for species, but allowing the species that possess it to see starlanes even outside of their detection range. This ability would not reveal stars and planets, just the starlane map of their area. Species with prescience/prescient vision should also be telepathic.

Now mind you I don't know if this would be possible to code, but it struck me as a really interesting idea.

The fluff could be something along the lines of:
"Possessing the ability to see possible futures some species are able to use this ability to accurately predict starlanes."

Basically something along the lines of the Dune Navigators.

This ability should possibly go to the Fulver as they are supposed to be precognitive.
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.