Twenty-third game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Twenty-third game on the multiplayer slow game server

#46 Post by wobbly »

I'm in. It's demolition time.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#47 Post by wobbly »

Also I see someone has replicon, these were reworked and are in an experimental state, they are meant to play a little differently to other races. Feel free to give feedback on them, once people know who's who.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#48 Post by Oberlus »

wobbly wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:02 pm Also I see someone has replicon, these were reworked and are in an experimental state, they are meant to play a little differently to other races. Feel free to give feedback on them, once people know who's who.
Roger. I'm enjoying the great pop so far. No idea about other changes, didn't check them out. Any gamplay advice would be welcome.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#49 Post by wobbly »

I've mostly tried for a metropole/Necessity set-up in play testing just to get some research but I still haven't played them much myself, so it's up to you to work out. They research some growth techs faster if you want even more pop. Basically low stability/low research pop spammers.

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#50 Post by BlueAward »

Are such "extra" features of species mentioned somewhere? Abaddoni unlock underground habitation, I think Fulver have access to Confederation right away without interstellar logistics, Trith and Eaxaw unlock concentration camps? I don't think all that is mentioned anywhere unless you actually play the game and sometimes don't even notice then. At least Laenfa's Sneaky is mentioned in their abilities and you can look it up

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#51 Post by wobbly »

It's in there but the link on Replicon is missing. Go to species in the Pedia and look for adaptive species, Replicon is there but the backlink from replicon to adaptive is not.

The unlocks on species are not in there. They possibly could be if you'd care to suggest a format?

o01eg
Programmer

#52 Post by o01eg »

BlueAward wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:47 am Are such "extra" features of species mentioned somewhere? Abaddoni unlock underground habitation, I think Fulver have access to Confederation right away without interstellar logistics, Trith and Eaxaw unlock concentration camps? I don't think all that is mentioned anywhere unless you actually play the game and sometimes don't even notice then. At least Laenfa's Sneaky is mentioned in their abilities and you can look it up
Better to file issue about missing parts in Encyclopedia.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-01-30.0dd6806.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#53 Post by BlueAward »

wobbly wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:31 am It's in there but the link on Replicon is missing. Go to species in the Pedia and look for adaptive species, Replicon is there but the backlink from replicon to adaptive is not.
Does adaptive work like sneaky? I.e. if someone was not an "adaptive" empire but were somehow to... acquire... adaptive species, it would cut the research time as well? Asking for a friend.
wobbly wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:31 am The unlocks on species are not in there. They possibly could be if you'd care to suggest a format?
Hmm probably would need to be freeform before fluff text, with some bullet points. My main thing is that I may not know everything such "hidden" thing. Sciences unlocking on second turn are obvious enough if you actually play the species (but not if you wonder whether to play those next as a new player etc).

Like "Unlocks as the starting empire:" and some bullet point?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#54 Post by Oberlus »

Maybe those starting unlocks should be scripted within a "trait" (tag) like the ones for adaptive or sneaky?

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#55 Post by Ophiuchus »

o01eg wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:20 am Players could be registered while test run. You aren't the only who uses snap to play.
yes. that why it was unfortunate that i missed building the snap in time.

i suggest enabling multi-versions per snap, and installing the freeorion for the game with a unique name e.g. "freeorion_023"

Code: Select all

sudo snap install freeorion_023 --channel=latest/beta/slow-game-023
with new snap clients (edge channel/2.58) the following should pin the revision from the development snap branch locally. hold param blog entry (15 Nov 2022)

Code: Select all

sudo snap refresh --hold freeorion_023
could not try yet, as my snap client is too old (2.57 fedora 37).
Last edited by Ophiuchus on Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#56 Post by wobbly »

Colonize.png
Colonize.png (6.14 KiB) Viewed 765 times
There's a colonizer and an outpost ship there. The yellow arrow does nothing. I assume it's to pick between ships? Or something else? Anyway it does zilch.

Or is this part of whatever was meant to predict influence costs on new colonies?? If so, it doesn't seem to work.

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

#57 Post by BlueAward »

Let's just say I hope the 50-50 roll is the one that doesn't involve me having wobbly as a neighbor. Looks like a nice start :mrgreen:

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#58 Post by wobbly »

Email issue was on my end/ISPs end. Resolved.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#59 Post by Oberlus »

3 days, turn 8. Not bad!

o01eg
Programmer

#60 Post by o01eg »

I think I'll update server to upcoming weekly test build as it doesn't have big changes expect encyclopedia fixes and some code refactoring.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-01-30.0dd6806.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm