Twenty-seventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

o01eg
Programmer

Re: Twenty-seventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#91 Post by o01eg »

Next test game is started, galaxy shape is:
spiral6.png
spiral6.png (665.74 KiB) Viewed 757 times
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-05-24.6c553c9.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

o01eg
Programmer

#92 Post by o01eg »

The actual 27th game started
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-05-24.6c553c9.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

BlueAward
Small Juggernaut

#93 Post by BlueAward »

LET'S GOOOO!!!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#94 Post by Oberlus »

susflare wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:58 pm I would like to register/join the game (with the name "Skyflare" instead of this one if possible)
Hey, Susflare / Skyflare, how are you doing? Do you have any doubts or trouble to connect to the multiplayer server?

BlueAward
Small Juggernaut

#95 Post by BlueAward »

Oberlus wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:27 am
susflare wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:58 pm I would like to register/join the game (with the name "Skyflare" instead of this one if possible)
Hey, Susflare / Skyflare, how are you doing? Do you have any doubts or trouble to connect to the multiplayer server?
Looking at in-game chat, they did connect to the test game, and said "Hello". I presume that's what prompted o01eg to start actual game, that everybody was able to connect fine.

But yeah dunno if Skyflare gets the notifications on being last to move, of rss reed, or such

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#96 Post by LienRag »

I'm not sure about the rules for Monster Nests now : with the first tech, Megafauna Ecology, the nests still spawn wild monsters once outposted, right ?
But one gets the ability to eradicate the nest with this tech.

So far so good.

What I'm confused about is what happens with the Domesticated Monster Fauna tech : it used to mean that the monsters spawn controlled, is it still the case ?
Or do they sometime spawn wild monsters still ?
Also, with current settings they spawn at half-rate, right ?

Speaking of settings, the base turn for experimentators is 100 on the link o01eg provided ?
That's quite early, especially in a game with high monster population...

BlueAward
Small Juggernaut

#97 Post by BlueAward »

LienRag wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:50 pm I'm not sure about the rules for Monster Nests now : with the first tech, Megafauna Ecology, the nests still spawn wild monsters once outposted, right ?
But one gets the ability to eradicate the nest with this tech.

So far so good.

What I'm confused about is what happens with the Domesticated Monster Fauna tech : it used to mean that the monsters spawn controlled, is it still the case ?
Or do they sometime spawn wild monsters still ?
Also, with current settings they spawn at half-rate, right ?

Speaking of settings, the base turn for experimentators is 100 on the link o01eg provided ?
That's quite early, especially in a game with high monster population...
Once in game, there is pedia page [Game - Rules] that lists the rules. The underscored ones are what changed compared to default

In our game Experimentors are disabled, so the start turn doesn't matter

Also, the setting "Nests always spawn wild monsters" is turned on, which means, even if you have the tech, it still spawns wild monsters, not tamed ones. So it literally doesn't make sense for us to research the tech this game, but at least we have the eradicators access quite readily (granted in test MP game I am pretty sure the eradication failed for me)

BlueAward
Small Juggernaut

#98 Post by BlueAward »

Chato, Cray, Egassem, Laenfa, Scylior - anyone wants to place bets?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#99 Post by Oberlus »

BlueAward wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:34 pm Chato, Cray, Egassem, Laenfa, Scylior - anyone wants to place bets?
Gamer but not gambler.
But I'd be happy to know what are you. Chances are you got a research powerhouse and game might end even before our borders touch.

BlueAward
Small Juggernaut

#100 Post by BlueAward »

Oberlus wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:59 pm
BlueAward wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:34 pm Chato, Cray, Egassem, Laenfa, Scylior - anyone wants to place bets?
Gamer but not gambler.
But I'd be happy to know what are you. Chances are you got a research powerhouse and game might end even before our borders touch.
Was thinking more about external folks, lest bets be fixed

It's extremely easy to know who is who in this version of game, right away (well, on the second turn), without the previous more indirect clues like "Egassem don't take centralisation" (which btw they totally could now for some benefit, even if they still dislike it, after wobbly's changes).

I will leave it as exercise to the reader ;) though I did spoke about it in the forums before

It is bit science bro heavy lineup, though, isn't it

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#101 Post by Oberlus »

susflare wrote:.
Just in case: your server showed your client online for the past many hours (maybe because you left the client open and connected, probably because you closed the client without disconnecting from the server). IIRC, server won't send you notifications of new-turn/last-to-play-your-turn if it thinks you're online.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#102 Post by wobbly »

BlueAward wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:47 pm without the previous more indirect clues like "Egassem don't take centralisation" (which btw they totally could now for some benefit, even if they still dislike it, after wobbly's changes).
I'll be curious to see how the changes play out. I tested them, and I was a bit unsure (you can get centralism to insane levels with laenfa, centralism and bureaucracy, but influence suffers and it absorbs a lot of slots) . At some point when players feel like they aren't giving away secrets they can comment.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#103 Post by LienRag »

wobbly wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:29 pm At some point when players feel like they aren't giving away secrets they can comment.

They certainly can (at least if they're not allied to me), but remember that last game, we won the game when you wrote that you had the cumulative Industry and Research output of both your allies, even if you were careful not to say what it was.
We had already a partial view of your Empire, enough to estimate roughly what we couldn't see, and knowing that your allies were not powerhouses that could rebuild the army we destroyed at Tumunzahar allowed us to decide that keeping you cut in two (in three actually, we learned later) was possible with our current production.

So, players of the 27th game : please spill the beans only if you intend to attack me.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#104 Post by wobbly »

I spilt nothing that wasn't quite bleeping obvious, particularly as there were stealth scouts down that can see, for those who were bothering to look. And it was the kind of whitewash of a start where it actually changed nothing. Was pretty clear we were just going to get overrun. Lost is lost, when its that kind of gap.

BlueAward
Small Juggernaut

#105 Post by BlueAward »

LienRag wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:31 pm So, players of the 27th game : please spill the beans only if you intend to attack me.
Not sure what do you mean by that. You would rather have people not talk about the MP27 game at all, unless they intend to attack you, in which case you would be very much intersted in knowing about it upfront?