Welcome to the FreeOrion Wiki. This is an online resource containing documentation for many areas relating to the project. FreeOrion is an open-source platform-independent galactic conquest game in the tradition of the Master of Orion games.
Check our forums for discussion. Sign up to our announcements list to hear about new releases.
IRC on irc.freenode.net #freeorion
Introduction – Screenshots – Vision Statement – FAQ – License
Project Overview and Contributing
How to Help – Project Roadmap
Design Documents – Reporting Bugs
Download – Compile – System Requirements
v0.3 Quick Play Guide – Manual
Space Strategy Games
- First public FreeOrion multiplayer server online - There is now a public FreeOrion multiplayer server available here (a service provided by community member and contributor o01eg). See the offical announcement post for more details. For informations, updates and support for the service see this discussion thread on our forum. Vezzra 12:10, 31 August 2018 (UTC)
- FreeOrion 0.4.8 has been released - Windows and OSX installers are available on SourceForge and on GitHub. Linux users will need to build from source, or acquire from your distribution if available. Source tarballs are available from GitHub (please use the source tarball file with version and build number in the filename, not the links automatically created by GitHub). See the Compile page for more instructions. See this post for release notes. Vezzra 16:15, 30 August 2018 (UTC)
- We are back on track with the 0.4.8 release. Release candidate 3 builds have been uploaded to SourceForge and GitHubfor Windows and Mac OSX. As always, testing and feedback are very much appreciated. Vezzra 14:10, 23 August 2018 (UTC)
- Forums are back online - We finally succeeded in solving the issues with the forum upgrade, so our forums are back online. Which means we can refocus our efforts on the 0.4.8 release, hopefully we'll be able to provide the next release candidate soon. Vezzra 9:30, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
- Forums are still offline - Due to issues with the upgrade process, our forums are still offline. We are working on getting them back up. As that leaves not much time to work on the release, 0.4.8 will be delayed. Vezzra 17:35, 3 August 2018 (UTC)
- The FreeOrion forums are currently offline due to upgrading. Geoff the Medio (talk) 22:06, 24 July 2018 (UTC)